Why support the Ashland Art Center:
When you support Ashland Art Center you know you’re supporting a vital source of art education, inspiration and economic support right here in southern Oregon. Here are 10 more reasons to support the arts:
- Arts are fundamental to our humanity.
- Arts improve academic performance.
- Arts strengthen the economy. The arts generate $135 billion in economic activity annually that supports 4.1 million jobs and generates $22.3 billion in government revenue.
- Arts are good for local merchants. Art events generate valuable revenue for local businesses and the community.
- Arts drive tourism. Arts travelers are ideal tourists, staying longer and spending more to seek out authentic cultural experiences.
- Arts are an export industry. U.S. exports of arts goods (e.g., movies, paintings, jewelry) grew to $75 billion in 2012, while imports were just $27 billion—a $47 billion arts trade surplus.
- Arts spark creativity and innovation. The Conference Board reports that creativity is among the top 5 applied skills sought by business leaders.
- Arts have social impact. a high concentration of the arts in a city leads to higher civic engagement, more social cohesion, higher child welfare, and lower crime and poverty rates.
- Arts improve healthcare. Nearly one-half of the nation’s healthcare institutions provide arts programming for patients, families, and even staff.
- Arts mean business. 3.9 percent of all businesses and 1.9 percent of all employees in the US are in arts related fields.
Join the Ashland Art Center Legacy Society:
Contributors who include a provision for the Ashland Art Center in their estate plans become members of the AAC Legacy Society. A bequest provision in a will, living trust, life insurance policy or retirement plan all qualify for membership. Life income gifts such as charitable trusts and charitable gift annuities naming AAC a beneficiary also qualify. Click here for more information.
Become a Community Member:
As a community member, you know that you make a real difference in local arts. You also get…
- Tuition discounts on selected classes, presentations and workshops,
- Discounts on classroom rentals
- The Artists Voice, AAC’s newsletter, emailed to your inbox
- Members who give $250 or more also receive complimentary tickets to Art Inspires Ashland, our annual meet and greet event.
Become a Volunteer:
The Ashland Art Center is an all-inclusive, non-profit educational institution that is community oriented and run. Current volunteer opportunities include. . .
- helping special needs students and those with disabilities to participate and stay engaged in a classroom setting
- help with the setting up, duration of, and clean up after our youth art classes (FREE expressions, kids clay, and Pre-K Art)
- help out during our First Friday and other Art Center events
- Work the front counter in our retail space, meeting customers and acting as cashier
Get in touch with us at: firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more or to volunteer!