Main Exhibit Spaces
Cooperative Gallery Space
The Ashland Art Center has three levels: the main, upper, and lower (basement) levels. The main level is where visitors enter the building. The main floor also houses our main exhibit space also known as our Cooperative Gallery Space. There are two types of artists that exhibit in our Cooperative Gallery Space: dues paying members and work-trade members. The Cooperative Gallery Space is an important part of the organization. Artists retain 75% of their sales from this gallery and the remaining 25% of the proceeds go towards operating expenses. Having highly salable items in this gallery space is of utmost importance to Ashland Art Center.
Work Trade Cooperative Gallery Members are artists who work in the Co-op Gallery at the Ashland Art Center. Artists must apply to become Work Trade Gallery artists and display their work in the Premier Gallery. Work trade members shall agree to work a minimum of 4 hours per week in the Gallery, either 10AM to 2PM or 2PM to 6PM, or as defined by agreement with the Volunteer Coordinator or the Executive Director. In addition, they shall attend monthly scheduled cooperative gallery meetings. It is mandatory that all work trade members have e-mail accounts.
To apply to become a Work Trade Member of the Cooperative at AAC, please contact Elijah Boor at email@example.com.
Dues Paying Cooperative Gallery Members are artists who display their work in the Co-op Gallery, but do not work at the Ashland Art Center. To display work in the Cooperative Gallery as a dues paying Artist, you must pay $80/month and attend monthly scheduled cooperative gallery meetings.
To apply to become a Dues Paying Cooperative Gallery Member, please contact Elijah Boor at firstname.lastname@example.org.